Did you know that March 20th is Sleep Apnea Awareness Day according to the American Sleep Apnea Association? More than 25 million Americans suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea and they might not aware of it.
Some of the common symptoms of OSA according to The American Academy of Sleep Medicine are snoring, high blood pressure, and gasping or choking at night. If you or a loved one have any of these symptoms, Obstructive Sleep Apnea may be a condition requiring treatment. If you answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, feel free to contact us to discuss the nature of your condition and possible treatment options.
- Is your snoring loud enough to disturb others?
- Has anyone witnessed you choking or gasping for air while sleeping?
- Have you felt tired while driving and almost fallen asleep?
- Do you need medications to control your high blood pressure and gastric reflux?
- Are your wearing your teeth down prematurely?
- Are your jaw joints uncomfortable?
Why wait any further to get a good night sleep and be healthier? Schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with Dr. Maestro.
Dr. Maestro has been practicing restorative dentistry for over 35 years in Albany. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine.